Tuesday 6 October 2015

DAY 31 - LAST FULL DAY

Well I had hoped to pop around and see lots of people today, say farewells and pack and re-pack.

The pack and re-pack I got down to a fine art (and looking to my right, I'm gunna have another go)...but unfortunately my day was filled with worry.

Through no ones fault, the airline now has a query about whether or not I am healthy enough to fly.  They are making all sorts of demands for tests that NO ONE has ever experienced before.

Both Dr F and Anastasia are a little baffled and don't really know what to supply because all their paperwork is very concise in saying that the patient is discharged, cleared to fly, with the only precautions being masks in crowded spaces, gloves and wheelchair assistance if required.

All I wanted was a wheelchair! 

But now there is a query about whether I need Oxygen on the flight and at this stage (7pm) it's still not cleared.  So 'the approval for my declaration of being fit to travel is still on stand by'

I am seriously praying that Dr F and Anastasia can sort this in the morning but they are as baffled as it by me so .... shit.

My poor darling friend in Australia has worked round the clock and is trying to sort for me where it must be oh...2.30am.  Hopefully she is tucked up in bed and we'll rectify in the morning....my heart breaks for her as much as it does for me!!

I can't believe it.  THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED TO ANYONE THAT HAS COME TO RUSSIA BEFORE ....FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.  NO ONE .  Why would they pick on me??

Dr F and Anastasia just keep shaking their heads.  They say not to worry - they've done this a million times before - their paperwork will suffice.....but trust me ...I'm worried.

I kept it together until about 30 mins ago where I just had a great big blubber.  WHY?  This has all been SO EASY.  Why now?  Why? 

There is absolutely no one to blame and I'm not about that - and I get the airline is covering their butt...BUT ....I'm SO dirty that my last day has been so marred by such bureaucratic bull dust.  And I don't know what to do to help? 

I haven't even left my room because I am just at a loss. 

Russia - I have loved you (so much)..but fair to say - I just wanna get home now.






No comments:

Post a Comment