Sunday 20 September 2015

DAY 15 - CHEMO IS DONE.

Well....what a horrible, horrible, night!

For me, Day 3 Chemo was N.A.S.T.Y.  I was awake most of the night with nausea, stomach cramps, bloatedness, (pee stops), etc.  The nurse on duty (Olga) took beautiful care of me but every time I had something for the pain, it would only return in about 1.5 hours so was just bleaugh...really crap.

But today heralded the FINAL day of Chemo for me.  1 day....c'mon...we can do a day. 

Thanks to all your prayers, wine drinking, support etc...today (so far) has been absolutely fine.  I got up, got dressed, ate all my food, chatted with the fellow patients (now all out of ISO) both in  the morning and this afternoon and so on. 

Be buggered if I was go to let it throw me around like it did yesterday.

I didn't venture outside (which I should have because it's a lovely 'Indian summer' here at the moment), but the window was open in the lounge and that was lovely (small things)!!

Dr F came in and checked on me this morning and I was quite teary from the night before but he's so reassuring...'1 day.  You are doing such a good job.  Tomorrow you rest.  And then NEW LIFE."

He's very calming and I took strength from you all and soldiered on.

I must admit I'm a little apprehensive about night time as that's when it hits me the most but I feel a different person to yesterday so fingers crossed. 

It's 5.20pm here and I'm about to be served dinner.  I might wash some smalls and put on a movie....another day ticked off the list and another day closer to home.

I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your prayers and thoughts today...Today was SO different to yesterday....let's hope tonight it nice and calm before the head shave (I think) tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment